MOMS Club® was founded in 1983 when an at-home mother in California decided she was tired being at home alone. She wanted to meet other at-home mothers and find other at-home children to play with. When she discovered there were no other organizations that met during the day and allowed her to come with her baby and preschooler, she decided to start a brand new organization just for at-home mothers, an the MOMS Club was born.
The chapter she started was so successful, she knew other mothers in other areas must be needing the MOMS Club too. Soon she and other volunteers were helping mothers start MOMS Clubs across the country and around the world!
We now have over 2100 chapters with more than 110,000 members across the United States. We also have International chapters starting too!
Here are some of the things that make us special:
- We meet during the day, when at-home mothers most need support.
- We believe being a mother shouldn’t isolate you, so mothers may bring their children with them! For meetings, groups set up children’s rooms with member volunteer babysitters (the children think they are at their own club!) and at activities, having children present is considered a natural part of life.
- We have an established support system for our local chapters. Our volunteer Coordinators are experienced MOMS Club Moms who are ready to help you every step of the way. You can call them for advice, ideas and help! Where there are several groups in an area, we help set up luncheons and get-togethers so officers and members can network and exchange ideas, and we have special newsletters and other support just for our local chapters and members.
- The MOMS Club® is a nonprofit corporation and a 501 (C) (3) publicly-supported charity registered with the IRS.
- We know being an at-home mother today means making a financial sacrifice, so dues to our local chapters are only $15-30 per year. Registration fees for chapters are only $30 per group or $2 per member per year.
- At-home mothers of any age children are welcome. You don’t have to leave the group when your children enter school! We know you still need support as your children grow.